- Doctor Who is a television movie based on the British science fiction television series Doctor Who. Developed as a co-production amongst Universal Television, BBC Television, BBC Worldwide, and the Fox Network, the 1996 television film premiered on 12 May 1996 on CITV in Edmonton, Alberta,
- Doctor Who is a pinball machine designed by Bill Pfutzenreuter (Pfutz) and Barry Oursler, and released by Midway (under the Bally brand name) in September 1992. It is based on the television series of the same name.
- The long running British science fiction television series Doctor Who has since its beginnings in the 1960s generated many hundreds of products related to the show, from toys and games to picture cards and postage stamps.
- The knowledge or skill acquired by such means over a period of time, esp. that gained in a particular profession by someone at work
- the accumulation of knowledge or skill that results from direct participation in events or activities; “a man of experience”; “experience is the best teacher”
- go or live through; “We had many trials to go through”; “he saw action in Viet Nam”
- the content of direct observation or participation in an event; “he had a religious experience”; “he recalled the experience vividly”
- Practical contact with and observation of facts or events
- An event or occurrence that leaves an impression on someone
- An act of going shopping
- patronize: do one’s shopping at; do business with; be a customer or client of
- A building or part of a building where goods or services are sold; a store
- A place where things are manufactured or repaired; a workshop
- a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services; “he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod”
- do one’s shopping; “She goes shopping every Friday”
So, I was cold, wet, sick and almost nothing was open. If you check the larger image you’ll see this pharmacy wasn’t open either, and I didn’t get treatment for my eye infection until I returned to London. I didn’t know at the time that I could have called the embassy, where they keep a list of doctors who can see hapless tourists on an emergency basis.
Years later I live in Los Angeles, which never has cold continuous rain. Perhaps I was driven here by my traumatic experience in Dublin?